Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lemon Cheesecake Pots

I found this great recipe for a cheesecake dessert that takes much less time than a traditional cheesecake. It was very easy to make and very tasty!

Here is the recipe from Hungry Girl that I used:

(This ended up making 4 ramekins for me)
  • 1 bar of cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 3 tbsp. half and half (she used 2tbsp. but i added another)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • zest of one lemon
  • 1 egg

preheat oven to 350 F.

beat cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment with lemon zest until creamy. add sour cream, half and half and sugar. blend well. add the egg and combine, scraping down bowl as needed.

pour mixture into ramekins and bake in a water bath for 30 minutes, until centers only wiggle slightly. cool completely and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.

These were so good! However, next time I don't think I would do the lemon zest, because the boyfriend didn't care for the lemon taste. So I will probably just put some fresh fruit on top.

-amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment