needed to make these cupcakes...sparklers? Yup!
White Chocolate Frosting
Adapted from Taste Duds
- 7oz (approx. 1 heaping cup) white chocolate chips
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
1. Melt white chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave in 20-second bursts. Cool for about 10 minutes.
2. Cream butter and cream cheese together using an electric mixture (make sure they are both room temperture or they won't cream properly).
3. Add the white chocolate and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Carefully add in the powdered sugar and beat at low speed until combined.
5. Turn off mixer and give it a good stir to make sure everything is combined.
Then pour into a pastry bag with a large star tip and pipe away! To get the colors in the frosting I took a paint brush and painted red and blue lines inside the pastry bag using the Wilton Icing colors, and then filled the bag with icing. However, it didn't work as well as I had hoped. The first cupcake was pretty much just white then the next ones were really dark and then the color kind of faded away. You may have to add more paint when you refill the bag if you want them all to have similar color, or just use two bags.
cupcakes with sparklers in them should not be eaten!)
Enjoy and have a wonderful 4th of July!!