Cheesecake Brownies (Recipe from My Baking Addiction)
Makes 32 brownies
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups superfine sugar*
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese; softened
- 2/3 cup superfine sugar*
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan with butter.
3. Heat butter and chocolate in a saucepan over moderately low heat, whisking occasionally, just until melted, or just melt in the microwave.
4. Remove from heat, pour into a big bowl and whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt until well combined and shiny.
5. Whisk in flour and baking powder until just combined and spread in baking pan.
6. Next, whisk together the cheesecake batter ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
7. Dollop over brownie batter, then swirl in with a knife or spatula. (I forgot to dollop and smoothed mine evenly in the pan, so there isn't much swirl going on, but still delicious!)
8. Bake until the edges are slightly puffed and center is just set, about 45 minutes.
9. Let cool.
*Note- If you do not have superfine sugar, just throw some granulated sugar in the food processor for a few seconds.