Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cheesecake Brownies

My favorite parts of dessert usually involve two ingredients: cream cheese (which honestly I have no problem eating by itself, except for the fact that it's not such a healthy idea), and chocolate. When I came across cheesecake brownies, I thought it was one of the best ideas ever! It was one of the first recipes I found when I first discovered foodie blogs, and I have been wanting to make it ever since. I decided today was the day so here they are! They are very rich, but oh so good!


Cheesecake Brownies (Recipe from My Baking Addiction)
Makes 32 brownies

Ingredients
Brownie Batter:

  • 2 Sticks unsalted butter, cut into pieces
  • 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
  • 2 cups superfine sugar*
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
Cheesecake Batter:
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese; softened
  • 2/3 cup superfine sugar*
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Put an oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan with butter.
3. Heat butter and chocolate in a saucepan over moderately low heat, whisking occasionally, just until melted, or just melt in the microwave.
4. Remove from heat, pour into a big bowl and whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt until well combined and shiny.
5. Whisk in flour and baking powder until just combined and spread in baking pan.
6. Next, whisk together the cheesecake batter ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
7. Dollop over brownie batter, then swirl in with a knife or spatula. (I forgot to dollop and smoothed mine evenly in the pan, so there isn't much swirl going on, but still delicious!)
8. Bake until the edges are slightly puffed and center is just set, about 45 minutes.
9. Let cool.
*Note- If you do not have superfine sugar, just throw some granulated sugar in the food processor for a few seconds.


-amanda

9 comments:

  1. I may have to make them this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are ones that I have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried cheesecake brownies even though cheesecake and brownies are two of my favourite things to make and eat. I definitely want to try making these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, they look so deliciously bad for you (my favourite kind of dessert). What an amazing idea...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so delicious! When you love both, why not mix them? :-) I agree with Louise's comment - deliciously bad!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious! And a relatively simple recipe, thanks for sharing :)
    Happy Baking to you!
    -Mini Baker

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I am drooling! what an amazing mix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness that combines two of my favorite things I will have to try these. girl - i can't thank you enough for sharing your recipes. i love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete