Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pineapple Cheesecake


My mom made me this delicious cheesecake for my birthday. She got the recipe from my great grandma, and we're not sure if it was her own or if she got it from somewhere else. But if you like like pineapple and you like cheesecake, you will definitely enjoy this.

Pineapple Cheesecake
Makes 8 servings.

Crust:
  • 1 1/4 c graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/3 c sugar (omit sugar if using Honey Maid graham cracker crumbs)
  • 1/3 c melted butter
Combine ingredients together and then reserve 1/4 of the mixture for the top of the cheesecake. Press remaining mixture into bottom and sides of 8 inch pie pan.

Filling:
  • 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 2 tbsp butter, softened
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 2/3 c milk
  • 1 can (9 oz) crushed pineapple, including juice
Blend together the cream cheese and butter until well mixed, and then add the sugar and egg. Mix thoroughly, then blend the remaining ingredients in the order listed: flour, milk, pineapple.

Pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan and spread evenly. Top cheesecake with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 35 minutes at 350° F. Chill before serving.

-amanda

19 comments:

  1. What a great recipe!Ive never had a pineapple cheesecake before but I cant wait to try this!I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of pineapple cheesecake before but it sounds absolutely delicious, and I really like the idea of reserving some of the crumbs for the topping. It's on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm that sounds really good. I love pineapple. I might have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I hear about a pineapple cheesecake recipe and it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always looking for new ways to make cheesecake. There is one time during the year when we all bake cheesecakes and have quite a spread. I can surprise them with a pineapple cheesecake, thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am shocked that so many people have never tried or heard of pineapple cheesecake! Well I hope you will try it and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE pineapple! And cheesecake, too. Mmm. :-)

    K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I have made this recipes many times and I LOVE it! Although this past time I used fresh pineapple instead of a can and something went wrong. I was just curious as to if you have ever used fresh pineapple?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel,

    No I haven't tried it with fresh pineapple. I am guessing it has something to do with the amount of juice...not enough or too much. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this in the oven right now, cant wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I doubled the recipe and put it in a big break away cheesecake pan...its in the oven now...and I am so excited to see how it turns out...I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! We just got done tasting this recipe...which I doubled the recipe to make a huge Cheesecake...it was the most fantastic cheesecake ever! It turned out awesome...my boyfriend never had a real cheesecake...used to the nonbake ones out of mix or with the coolwhip stuff...he was so very impressed...I know I will be making this one alot since not only was it great tasting it was also very easy! Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janice, so glad that you guys liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wanted a baked pineapple cheesecake that was fast & easy to make & this definitely is it. I've made it twice & got great compliments on it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've made it twice before & just finished making another. I've made Pineapple Cheesecake for years but wanted one that you bake & this one is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always buy captain d's pineapple cheesecake.I just thought to look for the recipe and you're the only one with the right picture.I can't wait to make this for Thanksgiving.i'm so glad you posted this recipe.thanks in advance cos I know it's going to turn out right lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did it compare to Captain Ds? I'm looking for a recipe likeso

      Delete
    2. I'm also looking for captain ds recipe being they no longer serve it. Anyone have the answer to it? Lol I will be making it. So if I remember I'll give an answer I see it's been asked quite a bit.

      Delete