To make a hollow pumpkin (egg, ball, etc.) of your own follow these directions.
- Blow up a balloon to desired size and grease.
- Temper chocolate and dip balloon in chocolate covering all but the top
- Let the chocolate dry (you can set the balloon on a plate but might want to tie a string to the top and attach to something else so the balloon won't fall over)
- Once chocolate is hard, dip again in tempered chocolate and set to dry. (Do this procees a total of 3-4 times to get a thick enough shell, so that it won't break when you carve into it)
- Once the final layer is completely dry you can pop the balloon. Depending on how well you greased the balloon, it may or may not come out.