Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Snickerdoodles Made with Love



Today is November 24th, which just happens to be my favorite day, ummm....ever. :o)
Why you ask?

Today my boyfriend and I celebrate our 7th anniversary and I couldn't be happier. He is an amazing boyfriend and best friend and I am grateful for everyday that he has been in my life. (I love you!!!)


To celebrate, I made his favorite cookies...Snickerdoodles! Now, Snickerdoodles are a little too plain for my taste (I would prefer, double fudge chocolate or something, lol) but they are perfect for him and I actually enjoy this recipe quite a bit. They have a nice little crisp edge and a soft center which I love. There is nothing I hate more than a crunchy cookie! Ewww.

Snickerdoodles (from Allrecipes)
*Makes approximately 12 cookies
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-1/3 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. Cream together butter, shortening, 3/4 cups sugar, the egg and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
  3. Mix the 1 tablespoon sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment.
  4. Bake 8 minutes. Let sit on baking sheet for another 2 - 3 minutes before removing from baking sheets and placing on racks to cool.

When you take them out of the oven the edges should be golden brown and the tops should have cracks and seem gooey in between and very soft. Letting them sit on the baking sheets will cook them further without over cooking them.

*The recipe above was altered, and was supposed to make 24 cookies, but it actually made 12. The original recipe states it will make 48 cookies but I am thinking not.

Enjoy!



-amanda

P.S. I apologize for being MIA, but this semester is almost over and I have quite a few yummy things planned for the holidays! :o)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 7 years together! The cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look yummy, and I love how you always package everything so beautifully. Hope your 7 yr celebration was wonderful. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete