This is my new favorite cookie. They are amazing! You must try these. Enough said.
White Chocolate Cherry Chunkies (adapted from Food Network)
Makes 4 dozen
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup candied cherries (chopped in half or quarters depending on size)
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, with electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until just combined. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt. Add milk to the butter mixture and then add the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Batter should be stiff.
- In another bowl, combine cherries, and white chocolate. Then add to batter, stirring only to blend. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for approximately 11 to 13 minutes. Cool on wire rack.