These are very good and people loved them! It is almost like a Heath bar, but more crispy. And they are soooo easy and fast to make.
Chocolate Toffee Crunchies (from Allrecipes)
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), melted
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Combine crumbs, brown sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 1 minute. Pour evenly over crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand until chocolate is melted. Spread evenly over top; sprinkle with chopped pecans. Cool completely before cutting.