Makes 2 dozen.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream together butter and sugar, then mix in vanilla and salt.
- Gradually add flour to mixture and then chopped pecans. Mix until well combined.
- Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 -15 minutes. Once they are light brown on the bottom they are done.
- Cool for about 5 minutes, and then roll in powdered sugar.